Learning how to build a boat for a true beginner doesn’t seem so simple. With a whole library of DIY sailboat plans and projects out there, it’s no wonder why boat building feels like a giant undertaking.
But – it isn’t that hard! In fact, all you need to build a boat from scratch is a selection of boat plans and step by step guidance from someone who has ‘been there and done that’!
Here’s how to build a simple boat – immediate solution:
Get your no-cost copy of boat plans from Martin Reid – a real life master boat builder with over 31 years of experience by clicking on the button directly below:
If you’re looking for high quality boat plans and tutorials with easy-to-follow instructions that guide you through the entire boat building process instead of leaving you confused – you are on the right article so keep reading!
What can you expect from these boat building plans?
- Build Amazing Boats Of All Types Easily With Over 518 Step-By-Step Plans
- Access To Over 40 Boat Construction Easy-To-Follow Video Tutorials
- Detailed specifications, exploded views and photographs
- Crystal-Clear Photos That Guide You Every Step Of The Way
- Design Your Custom Boat With CAD Software & Building Guides
Build boats the hard way or the My Boat Plans Way
Most builders have a dream for their boats, right? We want to build our boats in the backyard, and sail away through the water grinning ear to ear.
The problem with building boats the traditional way:
Assuming you aren’t an independently wealthy builder, if you want a boat that’s really you, you will have to build the boat it on your own. Inevitable frustration sets in and your wooden boat sinks deep into the water.
The easier way without confusion:
Step-by-Step proven plans for boat building based on a Master Builder’s decades of boat building experience. Comparing to other boat building tutorials – trust us, the team at World Sailing Charters checked – there is NO BETTER SOURCE of information and proven boat plans anywhere on the internet!
What if you’re an experienced boat craftsman?
If you’re a seasoned builder, you’ll find a new technique (or a few!) that can kick your skill level into incredible heights.
What if you’re not a handyman or boat savvy at all?
Then you’re in the perfect place to learn how to build a boat the simple way! When you complete your first project without breaking a sweat, you’ll be proud of your craftsmanship. There are zero pre-qualifications in order to succeed. Each detail and individual instruction is written down in easy to understand, step by step instructions.
Build your own boat as a student among students
Several students of Martin Reid reported that they initially felt overwhelmed at the thought of complex carpentry tools and steps needed to take. If you feel that way right now – you’re not alone. Rest assured, these boat plans were whittled down to the core on purpose. That means, the instructions are easy to follow along with and beginner boat builders won’t struggle.
What’s included in the 518 boat plans?
Building a boat should be enjoyable if not downright SIMPLE! You will be guided by the hand at a pace that suits you by a Master Boat Builder in addition to:
- Hundreds of plans carefully detailed with easy to understand schematics and patterns to cut wood.
- The most comprehensive material list out there that covers all boat types we see zipping across the water today.
- Simple navigation within: Quickly and easily cross-reference between plans and steps that are highlighted for you at every stage.
- The best part? A Completely illustrated Collection of 3D color photos and diagrams to assist every boat builder at every stage of the project.
- A complete collection of ‘how-to’ videos packed with boat building tips.
What format is the information and projects presented in?
We’re excited to let you know that the material within the boat building guide is available for immediate download. This also includes video materials.
Want physical copies of these boat projects?
For those of us who enjoy and learn better from physical pages and copies, the each boat project as a total single collection comes in physical copy. You’ll receive a physical copy of all 518 boat building plans along with a complete video set.
What Boats Can I Build with My Boat Plans?
Here are just some of the boats you can build with these plans. How to build a simple boat? How about how to build 34 sailboats, 46 rowboats, canoes and kayaks, 36 runabout outboard boats, 9 novelty boats, 5 house boats…and so much more:
How to Build 34 Sailboats Including:
- Bannock – Versatile Craft; Sail, paddle, or use a small outboard motor
- Biloxi Moon – Easy to build; Smart starter sailboat
- Breeze-Baby – 16-foot cruising sailboat that can be built on a low budget
- Cat’s Paw – 12-foot sailboat that planes with only one person aboard
- Crescent – Very forgiving 12-foot sailboat that is easy to build
- Dart – Fast 13-foot sailboat ideal for protected waterways
- Falcon – 14-foot frisky centerboard sailboat; Seats 4 and great design
- Graifen Ten – Ideal for learning the basics of sailing but fun for all
- Gypsy – 24-foot sailboat with a 9’2″ beam; 6,000 pound displacement
- Hobby Kat – Fast catamaran that can reach speeds up to 20 mph
- Jamaican – Fun fiberglass sailboat
- And loads more sailboats!
Easily Craft 46 Rowboats, Canoes and Kayaks Including:
- Anyone’s Rowboat – Easy 12-16-foot rowboat
- Blue Bill Kayak/Canoe – 13 foot kayak and canoe combo
- Can’t Sink Dinghy – Just try to sink this great little 9.5-foot dinghy
- Canvasback Kayak – Great little kayak
- Car Top Boat – Fun, lightweight rowboat
- Cheap Canoe – 13-foot canoe
- Chessy Rowboat – 15-foot skiff; Row or use an outboard
- Cork Fishing Auto Topper – 9-foot, 52 lbs rowboat
- Folding Kayak – Folds like a book; Can be carried on the roof of your car
- Glide Easy Canoe – 15-foot plywood canoe
- Handy Andy Rowboat – 10-foot folding boat
- Hunting Kayak – Shallow, draft 2-seater
- Jolly Roger Boat – Small rowboat; Great project for the young guys
- Jon Boat – Flat-bottom scow; Great for fishing in shallows with weeds
- Junior Dinghy – All purpose rowboat; Easy to build
- There are many more boats where that came from!
36 Runabout Outboard Boats Including:
- Ace 2-Seater – Speedy runabout for towing water skiers
- All Purpose Portable Boat – Inexpensive, easy to build, and safe
- Banta 12-Footer – Lightweight, utility boat with easy handling
- Bebop Kid’s 8-Footer – Costs almost nothing to build
- Blitzen – Speedy outboard runabout for Class B racing
- Blue Streak – Prop riding on her hydro-conic bottom; Great racer
- Buzz – Lightweight hydroplane adapted to car top carrying
- Cobra 15-Footer – Fin-tailed outboard runabout
- DragonFly II – Super fast yet very stable hydroplane
- Firefly – Speedy hydroplane; Guaranteed fun
- Flying Fisherman – Fast outboard utility; Easy drive hull and 11.5-feet
- Jumping Jack – General purpose small outboard
- And many more.
9 Novelty Boats Including:
- Battle Surfboards – Small craft with shoot balls made of cork
- Cold Lightning – 100mph Skeeter class iceboat
- Corky – Non-sinkable vessel that’s great for the kids; A quick build
- Floating Swimming Boat – A floating platform great for the whole family
- Motorized Surfboard – The name says it all
- Pontune – Great pontoon family boat for parties, fishing, swimming, etc.
- Sport Submarine – Great boat for underwater explorations
- The Thing – Unconventional looking boat. just check out the plans.
- Whizz – Slick looking ice yacht
5 House Boats Including:
- Bayou Belle – 25-foot, 8-inch scow that can be built as a houseboat
- Budget Houseboat – Like a camper that goes on the water
- Float a Home – Luxurious 21-footer that is very stable
- Parti-O Boat – About 20-feet long and easy to build
- Platform Boat – You can build any type of floating fun on top
12 Cabin Cruiser Boats Including:
- Caballero – Designed for the amateur builder; Roomy and fast
- Dolphin – 16-foot boat designed for use with a trailer
- Eager Eve – 18-foot, fast luxury boat
- Flight – Speedy outboard runabout cruiser
- HaPenny – Small V-bottom express cruiser
- Sea Angler – 20-foot cruiser of the deep; V-hull
- Sea Babe – 15-foot cruising comfort and speed in one package
- Sea Craft – 25-foot cruiser ideal for large lakes and rivers
- Sea Hawk – 12-foot outboard cabin cruiser perfect for overnight trips
- Sportsman – 18-foot day cruiser great for day cruising and short trips
- Sunfish – Unconventional looking cruiser and weighs only 375 lbs
- Sunapee – Sturdy 22-foot cruiser for the experience boat builder
19 Hydroplanes and Race Boats Including:
- Air Marine Special – Class F hydroplane; Not for the faint of heart
- Atomite – 9.5-foot hydroplane; Fast and furious
- Banshee – Z-Class racing runabout; Will do about 45mph
- Cab Over Hydro – 3-point hydroplane with speeds up to 75mph
- Dingbat – 8-foot water scooter; Can be built in a day
- Doodle Bug – Trim, single-cockpit outboard
- Dragonfly – 10-foot hydroplane adapted to all classes of outboard motor
- EL CTD – Sport boat that you can build in days for very little money
- Flyer – Gives maximum speed under normal competitive conditions
Get Professional Looking Boats & Results Every Time
My Boat Plans help you get the project done in no time by design and not to mention, budget friendly. From wooden boat projects to navigating plywood sheets and classical row boat builds, you have a step-by-step guide on how to build a boat. Listen, we all want to know where the best places to live on a boat in the world are – we might as well end up living on a boat we built and enjoy!
Thanks for checking out our article on how to simply build a boat!
Now You Can Build Your Dream Boat Even If You’ve ZERO Boatbuilding Experience With These Step-By-Step Plans & Crystal Clear Pictures. Click the button below to get your No-cost copy: